Michigan Road Animal Hospital at Crooked Creek Covid-19 Protocols | May 2022 Updates
Our team continues to go above and beyond to provide the exceptional care and service you and your pet deserve while preventing the spread of COVID-19. We appreciate all of the cooperation and understanding we have received from our clients over the last year as we navigated how to provide your furbabies the same high-quality medicine and professionalism as we did prior to Covid – while keeping everyone as safe as possible. We thank you for your understanding, flexibility, and patience through all of this!
We continue our efforts to adapt our protocols to match what is necessary to protect the health of our clients and team, as well as to follow rules and guidelines set forth by our local government, and other health agencies like the CDC, WHO, and the IVMA and AVMA. As you know, we remain committed to serving you and your furry family as safely as possible.
We certainly have missed the in-person interaction with you, our clients, and are pleased (and happy!) to announce that we have resumed in-person appointments for doctor appointments at this time. There are some important points we’d like for you to review prior to your next visit:
- Masks are optional. While masks are not required at our hospital, please respect those who choose to wear one.
- Upon arrival of your pet’s scheduled exam appointment, please call us or text us from your vehicle at 317-291-3932, and we will begin the check-in process. Again, our lobby is closed at this time.
- We are continuing curbside service for all technician appointments – this includes nail trims, injections and medication administration. We appreciate you scheduling those appointments in advance by texting or calling us at 317-291-3932.
- We are continuing to ask that you please call, text, email or use the Pet Desk app to reach out to us in advance for prescription and food refills, so that we can have them ready in advance of your arrival. You can also easily access home delivery of prescriptions and food by visiting our online store here. **Please give us 48 hours notice for any refills at this time – thank you!
Please continue to have all cats in a carrier & dogs leashed wearing a collar that they can’t slip out of.
Additional Covid-19 Protocols we are taking to protect our team and you:
- Frequent disinfecting of all clinical and common areas. From clipboards and pens to counters, exam tables, handles, knobs, as well as the medical supplies we rely on to provide care for your pet – ALL are receiving extra attention. While you may not be entering our hospital at this time, keeping our hospital clean is an essential priority.
- Following personal hygiene best practices. Handwashing and personal hygiene are the most effective preventative actions we can take. When combined with social distancing, clean work environments, and personal protective equipment (PPE), these actions become exponentially more effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19. Our team is always conscientious about their personal hygiene, especially in efforts to keep everyone as healthy as possible.
- You’ll notice our team members wearing face masks. Between them and diligently washing hands and sanitizing in between appointments and deliveries to vehicles – our goal is to keep not only you but ourselves as safe as possible. We are using PPE responsibly as appropriate and with clear guidelines.
We ask for your patience in getting your furbabies in to be seen day-to-day. We are all doing the very best we can.
- Call volume has been very high – for the last year – so we continue to ask and appreciate your patience when you call as there are often multiple lines occupied between outbound and inbound calls.
- If your matter is not urgent, or if you are not checking in and out from an appointment – please consider texting us at 317-291-3932 or emailing us and a member of our team will respond to you just as soon as they can.
- Please understand we are not always able to fit every patient on the same day. While it is not our desire to refer patients directly to an emergency hospital, there are times we have to when our resources are such that we are unable to provide necessary and often urgent care.
Rest assured, besides making sure our team is safe – our primary goal is to be here for you and your pet! We appreciate all the words of kindness, smiles, understanding, and positivity we receive on a daily basis – and for that we thank you!
As a note: we do have a zero-tolerance policy for abusive behavior of any kind to our team, including verbal threats, cursing, etc. Please remember to be kind.
We are excited to be able to go back to a somewhat normal experience for you when you visit the hospital. We hope you are as excited as we are in welcoming you back inside the hospital to accompany your pet for their next Doctor appointment, if you prefer. We appreciate all the cooperation and understanding we have received from our clients in this ever-changing world of COVID-19 and its need for social distancing. As always, we are committed to serving you and your furry family. Thank you for your continued understanding and support of all of us!
As always, don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
From your veterinary team at Michigan Road Animal Hospital at Crooked Creek